Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, Grand and Summit Counties Below 9000 Feet
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 3:59 AM MDT on September 03, 2015
... Today in Metro Denver weather history...
1-5 in 1995... record breaking heat occurred on the first 5 days
of the month when the temperature climbed into the 90's
on each day. Record high temperatures of 97 degrees on
both the 1st and 4th equaled the all-time record maximum
for the month. High temperature of 95 degrees on the 3rd
was a record for the date. High temperatures of 94 degrees
on both the 2nd and the 5th were not records. The low
temperature of 64 degrees on the 4th equaled the record
high minimum for the date.
1-7 in 1978... the temperature reached 90 degrees or more on seven
consecutive days with the highest temperature... 94 degrees...
recorded on both the 4th and 6th.
2-3 in 1892... there was a trace of rainfall each day. This...
together with a trace of rain on both the 7th and 8th... was
the only rainfall of the month... making the month the driest
on record. The monthly record was equaled in 1944.
3 in 1901... a thunderstorm produced rain... hail of unknown size...
and south winds sustained to 40 mph with gusts to 43 mph.
In 1961... Labor Day snow storm is the earliest date of the
first snow... trace and measurable... of the season. The heavy
wet snow broke many limbs from trees that were still in full
foliage. The storm produced 4.2 inches of snowfall at
Stapleton Airport with nearly a foot of snow in western
suburbs and in the foothills. Minimum temperature of 33
degrees was a record for the date and the coldest ever
recorded so early in the season.
In 1999... severe thunderstorms dumped large hail across Metro
Denver. Hail as large as 1 inch in diameter was measured
near Cherry Creek in Aurora and near Bennett. Hail to 3/4
inch in diameter fell in the city of Denver.
In 2002... a thunderstorm produced a wind gust to 51 mph at
Denver International Airport.
In 2003... very heavy thunderstorm rain washed out parts of
the Virginia Canyon Road above Idaho Springs. Up to
4 feet of mud reportedly washed down the Road during the
storm. Several vehicles were trapped on the Road. In
Idaho Springs... several streets... including the Main Street...
were also buried in mud and gravel. Some buildings in
town experienced minor flooding... including the basement
of the town Library and the police station.
3-6 in 1909... rainfall for the 4 days accumulated to 3.97 inches
in Boulder... while in Denver rainfall totaled 2.45 inches
on the 4th... 5th... and 6th.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- California - Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Air Quality Alert
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Warning , Record Report
- Indiana - Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Air Quality Alert
- New York - Special Statement, Air Quality Alert , Air Quality Alert
- North Carolina - Air Quality Alert
- North Dakota - Special Statement , Record Report
- Oregon - Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Special Statement
- Texas - Special Statement , Record Report
- Washington - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Dense Fog Advisory
- Wyoming - Record Report