Current Watches and Warnings
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 1:58 PM CDT on July 02, 2015
... EF-1 tornado confirmed in Benton county(correction for date)...
* date... 07/01/2015
* begin location... 3 miles northwest of Warsaw
* end location... 0.5 miles west of Warsaw
* estimated begin time... 9:56 PM CDT
* estimated end time... 10:03 PM CDT
* maximum ef-scale rating... EF-1
* estimated maximum wind speed... 94 mph
* estimated path width... 1/4 to 1/2 mile.
* Path length... 3.25 miles.
* Fatalities... none.
* Injuries... none.
* Begin lat/Lon... 38.28435 N / -93.42776 W
* end lat/Lon... 38.24306 N / -93.39658 W
* this preliminary information was determined by a National
Weather Service survey team and is subject to change pending
final review ot the event and publication in National Weather
Service storm data.
Numerous trees were uprooted along the path. A metal building was
damaged. A boat dock was flipped with 7 boats sunk at The Dock. A
fireworks tent was blown over.
This information can also be found on our website at
For reference... the Enhanced Fujita scale classifies tornadoes
into the following categories:
EF0... wind speeds 65 to 85 mph.
EF1... wind speeds 86 to 110 mph.
EF2... wind speeds 111 to 135 mph.
EF3... wind speeds 136 to 165 mph.
EF4... wind speeds 166 to 200 mph.
EF5... wind speeds greater than 200 mph.
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- California - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Beach Hazard Statement
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Advisory
- Montana - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Special Statement , Record Report
- North Carolina - Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Tennessee - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Virginia - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Watch
- Wyoming - Record Report