St. Louis Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 2:18 PM CDT on September 01, 2014
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on September 02, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch in effect from 7 PM CDT this evening through
The National Weather Service in Springfield has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for portions of southeast Kansas and
Missouri... including the following areas... in southeast
Kansas... Bourbon... Cherokee and Crawford. In Missouri...
Barry... Barton... Benton... Camden... Cedar... Christian... Dade...
Dallas... Dent... Douglas... Greene... Hickory... Jasper...
Laclede... Lawrence... Maries... McDonald... Miller... Morgan...
Newton... Phelps... Polk... Pulaski... Shannon... St. Clair...
stone... Texas... Vernon... Webster and Wright.
* From 7 PM CDT this evening through Tuesday morning
* an extended period of moderate to heavy rainfall is expected
this evening and through the overnight hours. A very slow moving
front is expected to move into the Ozarks late this evening and
stall across the area. This will lead to the potential for
periods of torrential rainfall and flash flooding. Rainfall
amounts from 2 to 3 inches will be common overnight. Some
locations may receive in excess of 4 inches.
* After the rainfall much of the region received from last night
and earlier today... soils are becoming saturated. Most locations
recorded from a half to one and a half inches of rainfall. This
recent rainfall in combination with the expected rainfall
tonight may lead to flash flooding on area low water crossings
as well as creeks and streams.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
Local Storm Report
09/01/2014 0530 am
3 miles NW of Duncan, Webster County.
Thunderstorm wind damage, reported by public.
Multiple trees and limbs down with minor roof damage to
home. Time estimated based on radar.
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flash Flood Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Michigan - Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Special Statement , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Montana - Flood Warning
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Record Report
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- South Carolina - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Record Report
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Advisory , Record Report