Current Watches and Warnings
Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 3:15 AM CDT on August 27, 2016
Expires 11:00 AM EDT on August 29, 2016
1132 PM CDT Fri Aug 26 2016
The National Weather Service in Pleasant Hill has issued a
* Flood Warning for small streams in...
northwestern Carroll County in north central Missouri...
Livingston County in north central Missouri...
southern Daviess County in north central Missouri...
northern Ray County in west central Missouri...
Caldwell County in north central Missouri...
* until 615 am CDT
* at 310 am CDT... Doppler radar indicated heavy rain on the order of
2 to 4 inches had fallen across the warning area overnight that
that produced widespread flooding. Flooding of creeks and streams
will remain a threat through the early morning hours.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Excelsior Springs... Chillicothe... Lawson... Hamilton... Gallatin...
Braymer... Polo... Breckenridge... Crystal Lakes... Kingston...
Wheeling... Utica... Cowgill... Excelsior Estates... Woods heights...
Kidder... Winston... Rayville... Chula and Altamont.
Turn around... don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding.
Lat... Lon 3990 9399 3996 9376 3996 9336 3976 9336
3947 9376 3922 9421 3999 9420
The National Weather Service in Pleasant Hill MO has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the Missouri River at Waverly.
* From Saturday afternoon to Monday morning.
* At 10:30 PM Friday the stage was 16.2 feet.
* Flood stage is 20.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... rise above flood stage by Saturday afternoon and
continue to rise to near 20.4 feet by early Sunday morning. The
river will fall below flood stage by late Sunday morning.
location fs stage day/time forecast
Waverly 20 16.2 Fri 10 PM 20.4 early Sunday morning
lat... Lon 3925 9386 3933 9331 3928 9327 3922 9330 3918 9384
Statement as of 1:48 AM CDT on August 27, 2016
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Kansas City international
A record rainfall of 1.96 inches was set at Kansas City
international MO yesterday. This breaks the old record of 1.69 set
- Alabama - Record Report
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Record Report
- Indiana - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Michigan - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Record Report
- Montana - Air Quality Alert
- Nebraska - Dense Fog Advisory
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report