Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 9:53 PM CDT on September 27, 2016
Expires 10:53 PM EDT on September 28, 2016
The Flood Warning continues for
the Mississippi River at Canton ld20
* from Wednesday morning until further notice.
* At 8:00 PM Tuesday the stage was 13.7 feet.
* Flood stage is 14.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* The river is forecast to rise above flood stage by tomorrow morning
and crest near 18.2 feet by Monday evening.
* Impact: at 18.7 feet... in La Grange, 2nd street floods between
green St. And Lewis St.
* Impact: at 18.6 feet... in La Grange, Green Street floods.
* Impact: at 18.2 feet... in La Grange, MO, bunge car park begins to
* Impact: at 18.0 feet... near this level, The Lock is closed to
navigation. This level will vary with circumstance. Also, Main
Street leading to The Lock and dam and the Railroad crossing at
Henderson street flood at this height.
* Impact: at 17.6 feet... in La Grange, MO, the entrance to mark Twain
casino parking lot begins to flood. Alternate entrance is used.
Also, water reaches the base of area levees.
* Impact: at 17.5 feet... State Highway b, or business U.S. Highway
61, is closed from Missouri Highway 16 in Canton to north of Canton
at the levee flood gate near this level.
* Impact: at 16.8 feet... Burlington northern/sante fe Railroad tracks
* Impact: at 16.6 feet... front street leading to the campground and
RV park floods at this height.
* Impact: at 14.0 feet... both banks begin to overflow. Minor damages
Fld latest 7 a.M. Forecast
location stg obs stg 09/28 09/29 09/30 10/01 10/02
Canton ld20 14.0 13.66 14.0 15.0 15.9 16.9 17.5
Lat... Lon 4022 9154 4022 9142 4003 9140 4003 9153
- Alaska - Coastal Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- California - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Flash Flood Watch
- Florida - Beach Hazard Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Flash Flood Watch
- Minnesota - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- North Carolina - Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Virginia - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Watch
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning